Ayurvedic medicine has gained wide recognition for its contribution to general medicine (Charaka ‘s treatise on Diabetes etc) and surgery (Plastic Surgery and cataract instrumentation of Sushruta). However less is known to the modern world about its contribution to newborn care, perinatal care and pediatric care. Although it is known that Newborn and Pediatric care was well described in different texts of Ayurveda, the first exclusive text book of Kaumarabhritya viz. Kashyapa Samhita dated 6th Century BC.
The Department of Kaumarabhritya seeks to improve the health of children across India and beyond through excellence in the care of Children and families.
The Department also seeks to excel in academics, research and in the education of clinicians and scientists.
To be the leading department of Ayurvedic pediatrics in the globe,
in imparting knowledge, skills, caring child health and research.
- To impart complete theoretical, clinical and practical knowledge to the students of Kaumarabhritya.
- To generate research minded, knowledge seeking and knowledge expanding clinicians and academicians.
- To globalize the Ayurvedic principles of child health care
- Provide facilities to the graduates and postgraduates for the intellectual/ skill growth and braveness to serve the mankind.
- Conduct seminars and workshops for uplifting the knowledge of the scholars of the discipline
- To serve as a part of national immunization program with Ayurvedic immune boosters
- To provide the scope of job facilities in national and international level
- Conduct camps and health awareness programs with objective of imparting knowledge of basic Ayurveda among the school going children, parents and society.
- To systematize and impart Preventive Ayurvedic Pediatrics
- To systematize Ayurvedic Pediatric Medication, treatment protocols, Drug doses, drug forms, Panchakarma, Nutrition, growth and development.
- To strengthen Ayurvedic Pediatric Literature.
The department of Kaumarabhritya has been serving in the field of education and Pediatric health care since 1932, the year of inception of KLEU, Shri B.M.Kankanawadi Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Shahapur, Belagavi. It has been healing the ailments and sufferings of children over these years from all around the Globe. The team includes experties in the field with vast experience in the field.
In the academic section, the department has both Under graduate and Post graduate sections for teaching and training.
The department has under taken over 2o research projects, more than 20 publications in national and international journals, more than 50 research paper presentations and much more to boost.
Dr. Veena K.H.
Dr. Pankaja Savanur
Note : Teaching staff detail information click on faculty name