Department of Samhita Siddhnta & Samskruta was established in 1933, since then the department is growing and working for upliftment of Ayurveda.
To establish excellence in basic concepts explained in the Samhitas and to conduct outstanding research.
Empowering the students with the basic tools for approaching the science of Ayurveda in a structured manner, which shall enable them in understanding the contents of all the branches of Ayurveda and enable them to adopt it in their clinical practice.
To educate the students to understand the fundamental concepts of Ayurveda.
- To make Samskruta as a speaking language in the campus.
- To study and to do the research of original manuscripts that are yet unexplored.
Activities of the department
- Every year department conducts Vadatu Samskruta, which enables students to speak in samskruta.
- Prabhashanam Workshop in collaboration with Ayurveda Academy Bangalore, helps students to critically analyze shlokas through Anvaya, Anvayartha etc.
- Samhita Adhyayan Krama, helps understand the basic concepts of Ayurveda.
- Guest lecturers will be organized to conduct various researches in the basic concepts.
- Students will be participating in various competitions like essay writing, debate, shloka recitation, extempore etc.
- “Shishyopanayan Samskara” is also conducted.
- Charak Samhita webinar classes will be telecasted.
- Department conducted Basic level Workshop on Manuscriptology & Palaeography in collaboration with National Mission for Manuscripts New Delhi on 5th-25th May 2016.
- Department organized a Guest Lecture on ‘Tattvabodha-2017’ in collaboration with National Mission of Manuscripts, New Delhi on 15th March 2017.
Dr. Savita Padashetti
Note : Teaching staff detail information click on faculty name
Last Updated on