In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institutionâ€™s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
University included our institution under the ambit of K.L.E University in the year 2009.As per the university instructions for the NAAC re-accreditation    process IQAC was established in Shri BMK Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya with a small room of 10 x 22 feet in the year 2009-10 under the leadership of Dr B.S. Prasad Principal and Chairman of IQAC.
Following are the member secretaries of IQAC since from its inception.
1. Dr. Hemant Toshikhane 2010
2. Dr. Nataraj H. Asst.Professor Dept. of Dravyaguna -2011
3. Dr. Rajesh Udpudi Professor Dept of Kayachikitsa 2012
4. Dr. S.K.Patil Professor Dept of Shalakya Tantra 2013
5. Dr. Rajeshwari V. Kamat Reader Dept of Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana 2014-Till date
Gradually monthly reports formats were prepared for each department to pool the data. It started growing slowly under the leadership of Dr S.K.Patil then Vice Principal and 4th coordinator IQAC. In the year 2014 Dr Rajeshwari V. Kamat Reader Department Rasashastra took the charge as 5th IQAC Co-ordinator. Under the able guidance and leadership of Dr B.S.Prasad and active involvement of Dr Rajeshwari V. Kamat Co-ordinator, IQAC has grown tremendously with following reforms like
- Monthly reports formats were revised
- Every 2 months once IQAC presentations were scheduled
- Regular IQAC meetings are conducted
- Criteria wise co-ordinator were appointed at institute level
- Criteria wise different colour code files were distributed to each department.
- For NAAC centralized documentation institutional NAAC museum was created.