Introduction of ICT brought revolution in teaching & training technology, especially the medical education got enormous benefit. Ayurveda being the oldest medical system and acclaimed globally for safe and effective treatment methods require effective teaching methodologies to suit global standards. With this background the Institute has taken initiative to establish Department of Ayurved Medical Education (DAME) in 2009. The functionality of DAME is structured under three cells:
- Curriculum Designing & Development Cell
- Teaching Training & Technology Cell
- Feedback & Evaluation Cell
Propagation of Ayurveda Medical Education with its basic principles to augment the inherent Aptitude, Professionalism, Communication and organization skills in a teacher, to design curriculum in pace with research and burning issues related to Health Problems.
Functions of Curriculum Designing & Development Cell
- Curriculum Designing and Developing of UG/PG/PGCC courses.
- Designing and Framing of regulations related various courses
- Framing & designing of
- Training programmes
- Orientation programmes
- Workshops, teaching, practical/clinical training of
- Framing guidelines related to teaching training programmes
- Framing innovative techniques for Post graduate teaching training
- Designing and framing of SOPs for practical/clinical training
- Evaluation- UG/PG QP formatting, verifications, MCQ
- Identification of recourse persons
Functions of Teaching Training & Technology Cell
Teachers are trained in relation to.
- Curriculum designing
- Teaching programmes
- Practical/Clinical training of UP/PG programmes
- UG/PG QP, MCQ designing
- Designing and framing of SOPs for practical/clinical training.
Functions of Feedback & Evaluation Cell
- Designing feedback formats for various activities.
- Procuring feedback from students, alumni, practitioners, teachers, parents, patients, etc.
- Feedback analyzing and providing suggestions on curriculum, teaching training methods of part/entire UG Programme UG/PG programmes.
- Various teaching & nonteaching staff, paramedical staff training programmes.
- Infrastructure facilities, hostel facilities , teaching facilities, hospital facilities.
- To develop as Regional Trainers Training Centre
- To bring up Text Book on Ayurved Medical Education.
- Setting up of Advanced Research Center for Ayurvedic Teaching methodology.
Framing of SOPs for UG/PG Lab Practicals