Prasuti Tantra & Striroga is a significant branch of Ayurveda mainly dealing with child birth /Parturition (Prasuti Tantra /Obstetrics) and Gynecological (Striroga) disorders.
To be the premier department of Prasuti Tantra & Striroga (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) in imparting knowledge of health of women of all ages and to conduct quality research on community needs.
To produce the graduates of Ayurveda through timely innovative and creative training program who can excel in patient care
- To promote Garbhini Paricharya (Antenatal care through Ayurveda) through quality teaching and clinical training
- Explore Ayurveda treatment modalities for various Gynecological disorders
- To validate pharmacotherapy of drugs & formulations related to Prasuti Tantra & Striroga
- To implement Standard Operative Procedures (SOP) for various therapeutic procedures related to Prasuti Tantra & Striroga
Department Human resources, Infrastructure and Activities
Department is well established with Ayurveda teaching hospital for infusing knowledge to students.
Department is consistently involved in imparting knowledge through Classroom Teaching, Audio Visual learning, Group discussions, Quiz, class seminars, CMEs , Case-demonstrations etc
To full fill the teaching needs we have
- Efficient learned teaching faculty
- Good library with updated books on the subject with e-learning facility
- Teaching hospital has Clinical skill lab where a student can perform on manikins/ simulators for effective learning
- Department has well established OPD, IPD, minor and major operation theatre.
- Department also has innovative practices in Patient care i.e. Garbha Samskara
- Fertility centre with attached laboratory
Department regularly conducts Public Awareness / Educative programs involving students to develop communication skills on National and International days viz....
- World breast feeding week
- Pregnancy Awareness Week
- World population day
- Cancer Screening (Breast, Cervical & Uterine Cancers)
- Safe motherhood day
- International Women's Day etc.
Dr. Ramesh Killedar
Last Updated on