The College is Recognized by Department of AYUSH, Government of Karnataka and Affiliated to KLE University [Declared as Deemed-to-be-University u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide Government of India Notification No.F.9-19/2000-U.3 (A)][Accredited â€˜A ' Grade by NAAC and Placed Under Category by MHRD GoI ]. Courses offered in the Institute are all recognized by Central Council of Indian Medicine , New Delhi.
Admired by the way when his wife was diagnosed and treated by an Ayurved physician, when all other medical systems failed, late Shri Basappanna Mallappanna Kankanawadi, a retired Police officer and a philanthropist, in 1933 established this institute by donating all his retirement earnings of rs.50,000/- with the intention and vision to revive propagate and develop AYURVEDA the Indigenous mother medical system of world.
- 1933 : Philanthropic act and donation of life’s saving rupees 50,000 paved way to Karnataka Ayurveda Vidhyapeet Society’s Shri B M Kankanawadi Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya at KLE Societys Lingraj College.
- 1938 : Considering the Futuristic Clinical importance college was shifted to its own building at Khasbhag, Shahapur with attached hospital.
- 1964: Work radiance and ground requirement lead to shifting of College to existing primordial building which was inaugurated by the then Chief Minister of Karnataka Late Shri S Nijalingappa.
- 1990: KLE Society took over the Institute leading to the multifaceted developments.
- 2005 : Khasbhag Hospital which served from 1938, neighbored the college with multispecialty OPD’s, highly equipped OT’s , Diagnostic wing and IPD of 280 beds.
- 2008 : New Ambient Hospital was Inaugrated by , then Chief Minister of AndhraPradesh Dr Rajshekhar Reddy. New Post graduational courses were granted and New PG Block was sanctioned.
- 2010 : Research was strengthen by addition of Animal House. Inaugurated by Shri Hon. Governor of Tripura Dr D Y Patil.
- 2012 : Manthan PG Block was Inaugurated by then Honorable Union Health Minister Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad.
- 2015 : Existing Hospital was extended to first floor to meet demanding needs with HARIDRA (Deluxe and VVIP rooms) was Inaugurated by AYUSH Minister Shri Shripad Naik. NAAC ‘A’ grade 2nd Cycle was Accredited to University & College.
- 2016 : Hospital was Accredited with NABH, which made it Karnataka’s 1st and India’s 2nd Ayurveda hospital for teaching Ayurveda education.
To Develop service mindedness
- Creating a sense of pride to the profession that he/she is wedded to
- To propagate and profess Ayurveda as the best system of medicine globally
- To create awareness that Ayurveda is the hassle free system of health care
- To encourage innovation and promote research activities
- To adopt and experiment a new mode that brings in revolutionary change in Ayurveda
- To find a cure for the incurable in the tradition of Ayurveda
- To explore the magical formulate of folklore medicine.