RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND BIOSTATISTICS
Research is one of important branch in Ayurveda which explains the recent updated knowledge and procedures, that was performed and used since thousands of years and are useful even today.
In the present Ayurveda teaching curriculum providing basic knowledge about research methodology and biostatistics is the need. To ignite the young minds with the research visionary and provide them a foundation for the budding of hidden potential at primary level to put forth the ayurvedic concepts in the present evidence based medicine era. This will initiate the efforts to accomplish the vision of Tradition, Technology and Innovation in the field of Ayurveda.
By the end of 4th profession the students should have basic knowledge about the methods of research and biostatistics.
- The literal meaning of word research and its implication in Ayurveda
- Brief historical background of research in Ayurveda and contemporary medical science
- Evidences of researches in Ayurvedic classics
- Types of Research
- Research process
- Research tools
- The concept and importance of ethics in research
- Concept of Evidence Based Medicine and Scientific Writing
- Importance of IT in data mining and important research data portals concerned with Ayurveda and contemporary medical science
- Definition, scope and importance of the Medical Statistics
- Collection and Presentation of data
- Measures of location and central tendency
- Variability and its measurement
- Introduction to probability and test of significance, parametric tests and non-parametric tests
- Introduction to commonly used statistical soft-wares.
- To make capable of applying different research designs for different studies
- Skills of using particular statistical test in particular studies
- Journal browsing skills and keep them updated about the happenings in the field of Ayurveda
- Making eligible to read, understand and write the different articles in different journals
- Research oriented attitude towards the concepts of Ayurveda
- Evidenced based practice
- Proper documentation and its importance
- Exploring the hidden potentials of Ayurveda through modern technology
Department human resources, infrastructure, research domains and any outstanding or peripheral communities/ activities
Department possess experienced and well trained faculty, that imparts practical hands on training to UG and PG scholars. The separate department is established in the year 2014.
The thrust area of the department is motivating the scholars in doing new research for updating the golden science.
Activity of the department is motivating the staff members and scholars into involving the online health research course of ICMR to build their carriers.
|Dr.NARESH KUMAR M.TYAGI|